Inventory Control - Natural Foods
Inventory Control: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
HoneyBar is a 30-year-old company based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Our premise is simple, to manufacture snack bars sweetened and bound with only honey. The bars are made with nuts, seeds, dried fruits and honey and contain less than 10 ingredients and between 6g-8g of protein per bar. HoneyBars are certified gluten free, certified kosher and use only non-GMO ingredients.
We here at Honeybar Products are looking for a new member for an Inventory Control position. Items looked after include ingredients, packaging, and miscellaneous safety supplies. Join a small growing team in making healthy snack bars and baked goods like gluten free crackers, doughs, and cookies.
Inventory control experience or education required.
Starting salary $22-24/hour adjusted to candidate's experience.
Summary of Position:
Coordinate the inventory/purchasing of items and ingredients needed for use on the production floor. Responsibilities include but not limited to;
· Coordinate with members of purchasing, QA, finance and production.
· Communication with buyers/suppliers by phone and email.
· Analyze schedules to ascertain future needs with purchasing.
· Using programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook daily
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
· Team Building – uses a positive attitude to create a work environment that is not only productive but good to come to every day.
· Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, works well in group problem solving situations.
· Project Management - communicates changes and progress.
· Strategic Thinking - adapts strategy to changing conditions.
· Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - meets productivity standards, completes work in timely manner, strives to increase productivity.
· Safety and Security - uses any equipment and materials properly.
· Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment, able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - is consistently at work and on time.
· Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions.
· Initiative - volunteers readily.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· One to four years related experience and/or training, or
· Equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, short and long correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to write complex correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Check out our company website for more info about us and send us your resume!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $22.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Face masks are currently worn in the facility
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON K1G 3W9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Inventory Control: 1 year (preferred)
Contact: Please send resume to Jeremy@honeybar.ca